Church Under The Invocation Of
The church under the invocation of Michel Archangel is the oldest sacral structure in the town. It is a wooden church from 1510, one of a dozen or so examples of the Upper Silesian wooden sacral architecture which still exist. The church is one-nave, with an isolated presbytery closed by a simple wall, Towerless, with a nave preceded by a large porch. The free standing belfry dates back to the XVIIth century. In the church Interior traces of the monochromic patron paintings have been preserved. There is also a trunk of the wooden pulpit from the XVIIth century and since 1970 a wooden sculpture of the Holy Virgin with the Infant Jesus, late-Gothic, from the beginning of the XVIth century, coming from Debiensko (an administration district of Rybnik). In the porch you can also see: a stone holy-water basin from the XVth century, and a wooden chest with fixtures, dating backto XVIIIth-XIXth century. The church and belfry are surrounded with a wooden fence which has three gates.